Successful transition of Year 7 students from Primary School with a curriculum that offers a broad a range of studies.
Please use our Curriculum Handbook for full course study designs including insights from our students on some of the subjects they have studied.
In the design of the Core Program at this level, the following considerations are seen as being of key importance:
- The successful transition of Year 7 students from Primary School
- The curriculum must offer as broad a range of studies as possible from each of the Learning Areas (LAs)
- Special emphasis on literacy and numeracy at these levels; Consequently English and Mathematics have been allotted additional time within the curriculum
- All students must have the opportunity to develop their digital literacy skills within the context of the computer network available at St. Peter’s College
- All students must be given the opportunity to study Languages – French or Japanese. For many students, Year 7 will be their first year of study for either of these languages. Students will be provided an orientation to both languages then asked to select eith French or japanese upon commencing Year 7.
- Integrated Learning – Clyde North Campus Only
- Religious Education
- Health & Physical Education
- Civics & Citizenship
- Literacy In Context
- Literacy Enhancement (EAL)
- Design & Technologies
- Digital Technologies
- Product Design
- The Arts