Learning and Teaching
At St. Peter’s College our core business is Learning.
We believe that every student has the capacity to learn and aim to develop in our students a love of lifelong learning. Our diverse curriculum has been designed to offer students a breadth and depth of study that will enhance the unique gifts and talents of each student.
St. Peter’s College strives to develop students as successful learners who are confident and creative.
Excellence in Education is promoted through:
- Development of the whole person through growth in the spiritual, emotional, physical, intellectual and creative capacity of students
- Promotion of literacy and numeracy
- Inclusive practices which value the unique nature of the individual
- Personalised learning that empowers students to turn ideas into reality
- Collaborative learning spaces and pedagogy that promotes team work and effective communication
- A thriving Professional Learning Community
- Pastoral structures which promote self-confidence and a sense of belonging
- Relevant and meaningful curriculum that connects all learners to the real world
Years 7- 10
The curriculum design of the Year 7- 10 classes is based on the core program of Numeracy and Literacy, Humanities, Languages and Health and Physical Education. To compliment these foundation studies, students are offered a wide range of elective choices.
St. Peters College offers a range of study options including VCE, VCAL and VET in order to promote appropriate and fulfilling pathways for each individual.
Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE)
St. Peters College offers a wide range of subjects at VCE level. Highly qualified staff who are passionate about their subjects facilitate learning and promote academic excellence.
Vocational Education and Training (VET)
Our newly constructed Trade Skills Centre offers students the opportunity to gain industry qualifications while completing their Year 12 Certificate. The College currently offers Cert II in Electrotechnology, Engineering, Building Construction Information, Digital Media & Technology and Carbon Management and Cert III in Sport & Recreation. Students also have the opportunity to enrol in Vocational Courses outside of the College while completing their Year 12 Certificate.
Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL)
The College offers a strong VCAL program were students complete their Year 12 Certificate through a model of applied learning. Student gain a Certificate II in Business, develop their literacy and numeracy and undertake a community project.
Please take the time required to read through the relative Year Level section of our Curriculum Handbook.
Hard copy of this booklet is available from College Reception or with your Campus Tour or Information Evening Pack.